Fusion Fall Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come here to discuss Fusion Fall with other players!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Fusionfall Forum!

The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TurqoiseAngel
TurqoiseAngel

The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:31 pm

The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Happy 50th issue everyone! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

**Note: More issues will be added to this issue over the week to make it even more special, so be on the lookout for more articles!!!
The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! DGsecondlogofixedagain

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
This week’s topic: Buy recycled products
Recycled products like paper are a lot better for the environment which can help reduce waste. You can recycle paper and plastic too which will be made into the recyclable items you might see in a store and get you some money. So if you see any recycled products instead of buying a non-recycled product buy the environmentally safer one.

Featured players of the week by Turqoise Angel & Xebec Ableantler
**Viva Alecto**
1. What do you love best about being able to have Green Maw?

The fact that we can keep the FusionFall community together and alive while having our own forum system which we can customize (and are customizing!) with neat features. It also helps that we can have our own rules that give the users breathing room unlike the FFOF.

It's also nice that I have the flexibility to create forum events to keep everyone entertained and having fun.

2. Which characters do you wish were added to the game?

Douglas, for one. He's Dexter's best friend from Dexter's Laboratory. Lalavava would be nice too, I can't be the only one bothering Mandark in-game constantly. Basically, any CN original characters we don't already have would be great. Perhaps they'll be in the expansion?

3. If you had to choose between drawing or working for Mandark what would it be? XD

Drawing, definitely. Working in a laboratory is dangerous. Working for an egotistical maniac in short-shorts? Suicide.
It would be fun for the first thirty seconds.

4. Which area do you like the best?

I get asked this a lot, and my answer is always the Twisted Forest. It's colorful, quiet and peaceful. I can run around and watch the wildlife. Who doesn't love harmless blue turtles?

5. Do you think Fusion Fall will have a Halloween celebration this year?

They'll probably have SOMETHING. I'm expecting them to make the world orange again and the sky starry with the full moon constantly.

6. Do you think the Fusion Fall community can ever come together like on the old forums?

I had a dream about that last week, that the forums suddenly came back and everyone flocked to them. We were all bewildered and had the option to choose our own headers (instead of being stuck with Eduardo). It was scary because the dream felt so real. We all had log-in problems too. It was like we were back to the 'good ole days'.

I don't honestly know if the community really knows we're here, when you Google 'FusionFall Forums' we're not on the front page even though we have one of the largest communities. (But not all of our sign-ups are active.)

But I do know that if the FFOF come back, most of the fan-forums will probably vaporize not long after.

We definitely want more active members on our site, so spreading the word that we're here will really help. I'm sure that if FusionFall also released more information, maybe even an expansion, we'd have more to talk about on GreenMaw about FusionFall and more excitement in general.

We rely on FusionFall to stay afloat, obviously.

In short: I do think the community can come together on here like on the FFoF, but we'll need more in-game excitement to generate more interest.

**The Fallen’s ?’s**
1. What did you like best about Fusion Fall when you started?
The concept was nostalgic and interesting that's what got me in at first. Later I realized the game itself was simple and initially it felt the team produced a broken game due to lack of time. But I liked that, it made it easier to exploit the game's boundaries and it was interesting to see how a game world is created and organized outside the intentional play area.

2. What is your favorite item?
The outfit my character wears consists of my favorite item. Specifically I like the Action Blindfold and Angel's Prayer. If it's not obvious, my favorite color happens to be white.

3. Which holiday event in Fusion Fall do you think was the most memorable?
Sneaking everyone into the unknown for Viva's Crystal Cavern event. Aside from official events that was the biggest gathering I had ever seen in game.

4. What is the craziest thing you did in Fusion Fall?
Getting stuck inside an invisible wall with Viva eventually making our way to the top walking hundreds of feet in the sky. Walking the literal edge of the world exploring the perimeter with Moonbunny and Zippy. Making my way back into the future and messing with the players there. Exploration stuff in general.

5. Which NPC do you wish were your guide?
Mary Kanker

6. What did you like best about the Fusion Fall community in the Fusion Fall official forums?
Referring to the forums specifically it was easy to follow it had a simple basic layout. Referring to the community it was pretty close, people knew each other and for the most part players got along.

**Zippy Zoomshoes**
1. How do you feel after coming back to Fusion Fall after a while?
1.A: It's kind of nice, actually. With so many changes to the game since I last played, I feel as if I am getting a whole new experience out of it.

2.Do you think Fusion Fall may have a Halloween celebration?
2.A:Well they did last year, did they not? I see no reason that they wouldn't host some special event closer to Halloween this year.

3. Do you think that there will be something good added to the game?
3.A:If you're implying that something good will be added for Halloween, then I doubt that. The Ghostfreak holosuit already fits the role of ghoulish attire for the season, and from the sounds of it other holiday special missions were temporary as well. I still hold out that the expansion will be coming, however.

Xebec: thats cause you have seen parts of it right?

A:True, although several parts of that are over a year old, so there's no tellling what parts are going to be included in the expansion or not

4. Are there any characters in shows that you wish were in game?
4. A:I've been told that Johnny Bravo made a cameo several months ago - so I know that he'll be back in the expansion Very Happy

5. Which infected zone do you think is the best to race in?
5.A:Well, that depends on what the goal of the race is. You can race for the fusion material, the prizes, or for the high score. It all depends on your goal - and how good you are at platforming. Wink

Xebec:which one do you suggest for rookies? to get a high score?

A:Hmm. It's hard to say which race is the easiest, since they all have their challenges. The shorter the race, the easier it is to get a more perfect score, but then the shorter the race the more competition there is for the high score.

6. Will you continue racing as much as before?
6.A:It's all about making efficient paths around the course. All the races in the Future are decidedly easy enough to race; things really start getting competitive in the Past, where no less than a rocket and jump nano are needed to stand a chance. Those same first four courses are still the best places to learn the ropes of racing, I'd say.

7:extra one by me, What is your favorite continent in the game? (city,commons, wilds, darklands)
A:I'm not sure as to how much racing I'll be doing this time around. I'm very out of practice, and it seems that there's tricks I didn't even know about that I'll need to learn if I want to try and race for the #1 spots again!
I'm not sure which is my favorite. I think I prefer the cul-de-sac and suburbs because of the nostalgic small-time feel.

Xebec: Thanks zippy for joining us to make the 50th darklands gazzete a special one anything else you wanna say?
A:All I can think of is, in regards to the races, "Get offa mah propertah!" Very Happy

**Turbo Bullet**
1. Which area in Fusion Fall do you think is the most Halloween-like?
A: Haunted Ridge. That's also where they had the GMs come around and shoot people... Good times.
2. Do you plan to do anything in Fusion Fall on Halloween?

A: I'm not so sure... Not much of my friends come on any more.
3. Which NPC do you wish were your guide?

A: I'm actually happy with the one I have. Dexter. (My avatar says it all. xD)
4. Do you think there will be a Halloween event this year?

A: Hmm... Hard question to answer. I think they might... But like always, you don't know what FusionFall is going to do next.
5. If nanos existed, which would you like to have?

A: LOL! Fun question. Hmm... Probably Dexter. I could fly in the air with rocket. :3
6. Which Fusion do you think is scary enough for Halloween?
A: Fusion... Dexter! ...Just kidding. I think Fusion Eduardo.

History of the Darklands Gazette by Turqoise Angel
The Darklands Gazette was founded by William Silverblade and had posted the first issue on October 18th 2009. Later when William decided to quit Fusion Fall, he left the Darklands Gazette to Western Riley Gizmo, the first person to sign up to join the Darklands Gazette. But after a while when Western would only come on once in a while, the Gazette fell into my hands. It was tough trying to make the Gazette bigger since we had two large competitors, owned by Flip and Xavier. After getting an offer from Flip to sell the Gazette and rejecting it, I worked harder to make the Gazette more known. It’s been very hard but thanks to so many friends helping along the way with their great articles, the Darklands Gazette has become what it is today. I want to thank all of the site owners where I post the Gazette for helping keep Gazette alive after the Official Fusion Fall forums were removed, I want to thank all of the Gazette fans out there for supporting us and giving out their opinions and suggestions for the Gazette, but most of all I want to thank all of the Gazette members for turning in great articles and helping shape the Gazette. The Gazette couldn’t have been possible without everyone being there every step of the way.

The Darklands Gazette is moving to a new website!!! By Turqoise Angel
As stated in Mitch Snowbronze’s article from the 49th issue, Jake MagnavoX a good friend, offered to make a new website for the Darklands Gazette, and the launch date is on November 14th 2010! So until then, please PM me or any of the other Gazette members about any questions you have if you don’t want everyone to see it. Here is a preview of the website: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

2010 Dodgeball FusionFall Tourney

***This game has been put on hold until further notice, thank you!***

Video Game Preview by Koji Ozora
Video Game Reivew: Sonic Adventure

Man, I've been waiting for this review! My all time favorite game Sonic Adventure for Gamecube/Dreamcast.
Sonic Adventure takes place in a possibly modern day time. You can play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big the Cat, and E-102 Gamma. Each character has a special story but, not always the same level. The plot of the game is Trying Dr. Eggman from taking over the world with his newest creature, Chaos. You must defeat both to beat the game. So the game has brilliant sound, kind of good graphics depending on the system. Overall a 10.

P.S happy 50th issue!

~~**Item Spotlight 50th Issue edition! by Alshary Sharpshoot**~~
To celebrate the Darklands Gazette, in honor of Zoey Sparklebird, the one who has been keeping the Gazette alive, this week's item spotlight is the superfluously popular; but not overrated, BUBBLES DYNAMO SET! To go with Zoey's somewhat iconic Bubbles forum icon, this set is won at IZs of it's level via races. The Ruins is the best place for new racers to start and try to get their set! Makes a great anime robot fighter set too! I hope you have enjoyed the gazette so far and the gazette will continue to amuse you! This has been this week's item spotlight!

Featured Fan-Fic of the week sign ups
Do you want your fan-fic featured in the Darklands Gazette? Post here the name of your fan-fic and we will post the first chapter of your fan-fic here!

Riddles: The last issue's riddle was answered correctly by Jay Soul, GravityCatNotAmused, Roller, and Zak!
This week’s riddle is: When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing. What is it?

~~**Movie Review: Paranormal Activity 2 by Alshary Sharpshoot**~~
The sequel to "good enough" Paranormal Activity one has come out in theaters! While it is scarier than the first Paranormal Activity and has a better storyline, it's sill rushed and cheesy at parts (especially the end) it is worth your money! Maybe some of it! Or none of it...up to you. Overall, this "scary flick" gets a 3/5.

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: Do you have any ideas you think would be a great addition to Fusion Fall?

Will you celebrate Halloween in Fusion Fall this year? By TurqoiseAngel
Yes-13
No-6
I’m not sure-14
Fusion Fall will hopefully receive a spooky transformation for this year like last year, and if it does happen, then there will be many people enjoying it on Halloween night.

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here or you PM us here. Thank You!
The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Gazetteslogo

Last edited by TurqoiseAngel on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 pm

HAPPY 50th ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw hope you feel better and can get the gazette well known.
Back to top Go down
TurqoiseAngel
TurqoiseAngel

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Thanks! ^^ It has become really well known, but there are still so many things to do, and I feel a lot better now. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:10 pm

(Is the riddle..... Anything?)
Good to hear.And new nanos would be good for FF
Back to top Go down
TurqoiseAngel
TurqoiseAngel

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Nope, sorry that's wrong Manility.

And everyone can agree we need new nanos. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChocoCocoa34
ChocoCocoa34

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Happy 50th,

and is the answer to the riddle A Surprise?
Back to top Go down
Zak
KING OF THE FORUM
KING OF THE FORUM
Zak

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:48 pm

I agree with her partly, but couldn't it also be "nothing"? I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
hero2help
hero2help

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:24 pm

(I think the riddle answer is a surprise party)
Happy 50th!!!
I'd be willling to help but I might not be able to go on the new website... No
Back to top Go down
TurqoiseAngel
TurqoiseAngel

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Sorry guys, those aren't any of the answers, but if nobody gets it right, then I'll accept the closest ones. ^^ Oh and I'm posting two new articles, they'll have this arround them ~~**_**~~.
Back to top Go down
TurqoiseAngel
TurqoiseAngel

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Okay Locking since the next issue will be added soon! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!   The 50th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1